The objective of this Learning Pathway (LP) is to offer knowledge about the key concepts and theories applied in water economics. The emphasis is made on demand and supply of water used for domestic purposes, formation of water price and key issues related to the economic efficiency of water market. The evolution of economic and financial aspects of drinking water and water treatment plants is outlined. Special attention is given on innovative concepts and methodologies for training engineers and technical staff working in the drinking water supply sector.
The learning goals are achieved through presentation of training material within the following Learning Outcomes (LOs):
- Economics of drinking water;
- Economic and financial aspects of drinking water and water treatment plants;
- One countries’ relationship with water;
- Technology-enhanced learning & innovative education and training for drinking water treatment plants.
Learning Pathway structure
|Unit of LOs No 5||Credit Points (CP)|
|Unit of LOs No 4||CP|
The LP is designed for specialists working as School counselors with the purpose to help their training, to upgrade their knowledge and to broaden their wider competence in the subject, thus facilitating their realization on the labor market.
- Key concepts and theories applied in water economics;
- Core issues related to the economic efficiency of water market;
- Evolution of economic and financial aspects of drinking water and DWTP;
- New approaches and methodologies in VET training for engineers and technical staff working in DWTP;
- EU VET principles for adoption and implementation of LO/Certification Units principles and use of ECVET credit points for assessment.
- Evaluate and monitor economic risks for generation of drinking water pollution.
- Perform various water management techniques
- Work in compliance with Environmental, Health & Safety principles;
- Use statistical techniques in the treatment of data, and interpret and apply findings;
- Keep up-to-date technical and scientific knowledge;
- Prepare and maintain required records and logs;
- Apply EU VET principles (EQF/NQF) and training strategies;
- Prepare and describe LOs;
- Evaluate training effects through applying ECVET principle.
- Expressing and interpreting concepts and ideas in both oral and written form;
- Developing and applying logical thinking in solving different problems in everyday practice;
- Using contemporary information and communication technologies;
- Contributing to social and working life in an effective and beneficial way;
- Applying creativity and innovation in planning and managing everyday work and in achieving objectives.