The objective of this Learning Pathway (LP) is to provide some specific knowledge and skills about the basic facts about the water supply and DWTP characteristics, evolution of water treatment technology and EU legislation. Trainees are acquainted with the basic facts about water supply, as well as with achievements and shortcomings in project partner countries.
The learning goals are achieved through presentation of training material within the following Learning Outcomes:
- Introduction of drinking water treatment;
- Basic facts about water supply;
- Best practices / Case studies.
Learning Pathway structure
|Unit of LOs No 1||Credit Points (CP)|
The LP is designed for specialists working as Electrical technicians with the purpose to help their training, to upgrade their knowledge and to broaden their wider competence in the subject, thus facilitating their realization on the labour market.
- Fundamentals of drinking water treatment;
- Water treatment technologies development;
- Basic aspects of drinking water supply systems;
- Main characteristics of DWTP
- Introduction to the European legislation in the drinking water supply area;
- Specific characteristics in DWT processes in Bulgaria, Netherlands and Turkey.
- Work in compliance with Environmental, Health & Safety principles;
- Perform electrical testing and providing technical assistance;
- Install, repair and replace, maintain and operate specific equipment in electrical supply of water distribution systems;
- Read and interpret blueprints and schematics.
- Evaluate electrical and operational problems;
- Prepare and maintain checking/control data;
- Use statistical techniques in the treatment of data.
- Expressing and interpreting concepts and ideas in both oral and written form;
- Developing and applying logical thinking in solving different problems in everyday practice;
- Using contemporary information and communication technologies;
- Contributing to social and working life in an effective and beneficial way;
- Applying creativity and innovation in planning and managing everyday work and in achieving objectives;